Friday, January 29, 2010

25 random things about me....thanks Kelly

I have been tagged by Kellyansapansa to share 25 random things about myself. Now I've got to think...

1. I am at a crossroads in my life right now. Part of me wants to stay with the status quo but a big part of me realises I can't stay where I am and that I need to move cities if I am ever to be successful in what I truly love doing.
2. My first car was a 1986 White Gemini hatch. Gorgeous car. 0-60 in about 3 days and faster to push up a hill than actually drive it up.
3. There are times when I just sit at the piano and play. I must confess to not having done any serious practice in a long time- my sight-reading is pretty good so it gets me by. However I realise that if I am to succeed at my goals that will have to change.
4. I hate being alone. I hate waking up alone.
5. I have always wanted to try my hand at standup comedy. I've always felt I could do a solid 10-20 minute bracket- maybe incorporating some of the parody songs I have written over the years.
6. Last year was the first time I had cried in a very long time. It was brought on by someone pushing me to the edge and nobody believing me. That complete frustration, coupled with lack of sleep just wrecked me.
7. The most amazing night of theatre I have ever been to was Wagner's "Parsifal" in 2002. Despite its near 6 hour running time at the end I felt like I could have watched it all over again.
8. If I don't have a cup of coffee in the morning I get really cranky.
9. 9 times out of ten when I remember dreams it's about me going back to either High School or Flinders Street and me always feeling out of place.
10. My party trick? Playing the piano from underneath.
11. I refuse to watch or read the Twilight series. The tweenies can drool over team whoever. I just don't care.
12. Last year was probably one of the worst years of my life- despite some bright rays of sunshine at the end.
13. I have well over 1000 cd's (originals- not burnt) and nearly 300 dvds in my collection.
14. When I was a kid I went to see Glenelg play Port Adelaide at Footy Park. In front of me were a family of Port supporters. When a Glenelg player tripped up a Port player the father shouted "Send the f****r off the ground you f*****g useless umpire. It's a f*****g disgrace!" Not one quarter later when a Port player proceeded to clotheline a bays player right in front of us the same man (surrounded by his kids) shouted "Kick his f*****g head in!!! That's it! F*****g kill the b*****d!". From that point on I swore never to support any team with words "Port" and "Adelaide" next to each other.
15. I don't drink much alcohol. Weird I know. My parents were never heavy drinkers (My dad has the great ability to have the same glass of beer in his hand all night aqnd make it look like he's had several) so I guess I never got the taste for it. When I was 18 I took a swig of Fosters and nearly vomited. Never drank the stuff again.
16. I have decided I really like getting photos with celebs. It's a great momento of a fleeting moment when you met someone who made it. Happened just last night.
17. I once saw Bert Newton in his underwear.
18. I love spending time with my niece and nephew. They make me feel young again (and it's a great excuse to see cartoons in the cinema)
19. I am getting tired of people telling me what I can and can't say in my Facebook status update. If my friendship is only worth what I write on my status then quite frankly I wonder why we're friends.
20. I hate the nickname Rod. To me, Rod belongs to either old cricketers or ageing rockstars of which I am neither. People just assume I don't mind being called Rod and I hate telling them I don't like it because I sound so petty.
21. I have an older brother- 4 years older than me.
22. My favourite game of all time would be guitar hero. any of the versions.
23. I tried wearing contact lenses but I hated them so I went back to glasses.
24. One night I will get up at a karaoke bar and sing "Bat Out Of Hell" loudly and proudly- followed by "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad"
25. My dream job? Playing keyboard for Kelly Clarkson.

I now tag Maggie and Miss S!

2 comments: