Saturday, December 8, 2012

Confusion

"Confusion," sang ELO,"it's such a terrible thing".

 Do you ever have one of those moments when you are totally and utterly baffled by how someone reacts to you? Someone who thought of as a friend?
 That's me at the moment. About ten years ago I met a person and we got on really well. We did a couple shows together, we did regular catch-ups and we seemed to get on fine.
 Without going into too much detail, somewhere along the line things changed. I have no idea what happened though. Suddenly this person defriended me on Facebook and blocked me on Twitter for no explicable reason.
 I don't know why I let it get to me but I have. It's easy to step back and say "oh well, move on" but in some ways I find this a hard one to walk away from for the simple reason that I have no clue as to what I have done to earn this kind of vitriol from them. It saddens me that a person I admired and respected as a friend and colleague has pretty much just abandoned me for no apparent reason- well, not apparent to ME anyway...
 I don't want to harass the poor person with texts and messages so I've let it slide for now but I recently wanted to congratulate them on a wonderful video they posted of their cabaret show and I found I had no way of contacting them to do it.
 I try not to go through life with a lot of regrets- as I have said in earlier blogs, I think those moments define who we are in life- but if I had a wish it would be that I could sit down and clear the air. If it served no other purpose then at least I could find out what it was that I had done. I'm not saying we will become best friends or anything like that (we weren't ever that close really) but at least I'll know.

========================================================================

 On a much happier note, the year is almost at end. Like most years, it has had its ups and downs. I've been happy with my study this year and I enjoyed the success of "Hairspray" and the casting of "Phantom". My absolute highlight for me was going to Melbourne to see "South Pacific" and seeing a remarkable young lady deliver a knockout punch in a comedy show (see my previous entry). I've made some good friends, seen a couple great concerts, performed with Ennio Morricone and sang the first Lord Of The Rings film so I can't complain too much.
 Despite the down moments, I try and reflect on how lucky I am to have a wonderful support network around me.

 I have one more blog (which I've been working on since September) for the year and then it's onwards to 2013 (provided the Mayans weren't right, of course....)

No comments:

Post a Comment